Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: directv's costumer service  (Read 9384 times)

mairj23

directv's costumer service
« on: April 29, 2015, 12:00 am »
Hello, Has anyone ever experienced bad customer service with DirecTV? I have many times in the past and if your service get's cut off, there is no way for you to call in and get it settled. I would like to hear your opinions on this?

JohnBeaulieu

Re: directv's costumer service
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 10:41 pm »
The telephone number is usually right on the bill where I live. Why is it that you can not call them to resolve it. My bill even usually tells me ahead of time when the exact disruption date will be if I'm behind giving me plenty of time to sort the matter before hand.

courtpatt

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:39 pm »
I've only had good experiences with their customer service. I don't think I understand why you can't call. The phone number is on your bill and online. What happens when you call them?

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41 pm »
Do you have your services bundled with your telephone? Is that why you can't call when interrupted? Or is it something else? I would love to help but we need more information please.

PrinceLH

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 12:49 pm »
Well if you're in Canada, you can't call direct.  The way around that, is getting a U.S. Magicjack, with a U.S. phone number.  You need to match up your area code, with the zip code of the address of the receiver.  Sign up for paperless billing and voila!

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38 pm »
Do they just not accept incoming calls from Canada? What am I missing here?

PrinceLH

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58 pm »
They just block calls from outside the U.S.  They don't take calls that are not on a U.S. area code.  They are also very wary about people setting up their own systems and not having their install people do the work.  You have to be very careful, when dealing with them.  You best have all of your answers written down and ready to use, when they ask their questions.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 08:05 pm »
So what I think is being danced around here is that DirecTV and other US Satellite TV providers are not "lawful distributors" in Canada. When you deal in grey market product or services you can't expect a friendly or reachable official method for resolving billing issues. Especially from a company that isn't supposed to offer you service. The best thing to do is pay them on time or use a Canadian service.

kgord

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 06:03 pm »
Well, I have had many dealings with direct tv over the years. Some of their service personnel are good and some are not, like any other company. I usually get them to make some concessions in terms of my bill. It is just one of the options that I can use if I am having a problem with Direct TV.

tiffaninichole

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 09:27 pm »
I've never had a negative experience when dealing with their customer service, especially now that they've merged with AT&T. I think they're more responsive now than they've ever been. The customer service reps are really helpful and understanding when I call in.

tlspiegel

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28 pm »
I've been a customer for a very long time and have nothing bad to say about DirecTV's customer service.  I did have one recent incident that upset me when I got my bill this month, but it was rectified immediately by customer service.

What happened is my HDMI cable cord bent at the connection to the TV.  I had another old one, that I substituted temporarily, and it worked.  However, I wanted a new HDMI cable cord from them, because the original one was broken.  I called in, and they said they would send a new HDMI cable to me and to not worry about the cost or shipping, as it would be free.  What she did is write up the order, then applied a credit for the same amount of the cord and shipping.

I received the HDMI cable cord in a few days.  No problems.  Then, I received the monthly bill and I see I was charged for two days of a three month trial of HBO.  I do not have HBO and do not want HBO.  I was mystified why this charge was on my bill and had my call escalated immediately to a supervisor.  The first person I talked with had no idea what I was even talking about.  So I waited and another person came onto the call and everything was explained to me and she gave me an even larger credit, bringing my bill down considerably, just because of the issue involved. Why I was charged for two days, she had no clue.  Made no sense whatsoever!

Apparently, when I called in for a new HDMI cable cord, the person also subscribed me to HBO free for three months.  Without telling me.  It appears she thought she was doing me a favor.  I wasn't made aware of this perk, and had no clue it was given to me.  Subsequently, I found out after three months, I WOULD be charged for HBO automatically, unless I remembered to have it removed from my account. 

Long story short, always look at your bills.  Never assume that one month is going to be the same as the last month.

jaredstephens6

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 05:37 pm »
I haven't had a very good experience with Direct TV. They have raised my bill and that made it hard.  We were paying well over $100, then we switched to dish.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40 pm »
I haven't had a very good experience with Direct TV. They have raised my bill and that made it hard.  We were paying well over $100, then we switched to dish.

Could you maybe elaborate a bit more? If you were on an introductory offer the price going up when it ends is normal. I hate to break the news, but it will be the same with Dish.

tlspiegel

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 06:53 pm »

Could you maybe elaborate a bit more? If you were on an introductory offer the price going up when it ends is normal. I hate to break the news, but it will be the same with Dish.

Exactly!  Anytime you are quoted a price for service that isn't necessary (such as water, electricity, gas), you must ask if this is an introductory offer.  Many companies lure you in with an unbelievable good price, with lots of perks attached to the offer.  Be a smart shopper and inquire if the price you are paying is for 30 days, 90 days, one year, etc.   Don't get stuck with sticker shock when the offer is no longer valid and you realize you have to pay more.  No company is going to extend the initial offer price, past the time they have given you.  So, buyer beware and don't be disappointed.

baldyhead

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 02:53 pm »
I need to contact them in the next week to cancel my service.  They have always been good in the past though, especially online.  I've never really had a need to call them directly so I may experience something different altogether.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.