Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Whole Home Freeze  (Read 3538 times)

shanetx1969

Whole Home Freeze
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:07 am »
I am needing some advice on how to fix an issue with my Whole Home DVR. We have had this system for approximately a year. And at various times during the day the whole system will freeze throughout every unit in the house and we have to reset the main unit. The tech has been out to diagnose the issue, but can not find anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tlspiegel

Re: Whole Home Freeze
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:59 pm »
Sorry to hear about your problem -- but we need much more information.

Is the freeze during recording or playback?
How long does the freeze last if you didn't reset the main unit?
How many dvr's do you have?
Do you have a Genie setup?
Does this happen when you are watching something not recorded?
Have they checked your satellite dish?
Does this occur during bad weather, or is it during mild weather?

Additionally, you can call DirecTV back and tell then a tech was out but couldn't find anything. Now, you want to have this escalated to someone who can help you.
I have found DirecTV to be VERY accommodating if there is a problem and they will do everything and anything to retain you as a customer.  Their customer retention customer service department is extremely conscientious. They do NOT want to lose you as a customer. 

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49 pm »
You really need to provide more details. Telling us what has already been tried by both you and the tech would be helpful as well.

kgord

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 06:19 pm »
I think this is something that direct tv should be able to resolve for you. It is one of the things that you must take advantage of when you have satellite servies. You are paying so much for these services that you should be able to contact customer service when you are having issues with your DVR.

rz3300

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 07:13 pm »
Well unfortunately the only advice I could give you would be to follow the same path I did, but that would leave you with no TV provider because I had to leave DirecTV given that their customer service was so bad and I could not get help with any of these issues.  The answer was always to get a replacement, which would just break again in a different way.  I got to the point where I had to switch.

kgord

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 01:09 pm »
Be prepared for them to try to beg you back with a number of special offers and options. The irony is if they had been good in the first place you never would have left, I know I wouldn't have, but they made life difficult for me.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.