Television sources > Over The Air (OTA) television

NTSC OTA in GTA

<< < (2/5) > >>

cyberham:
On HW-150PVR, component output delivers a pink-hued image to TV screen. I've read this is due to video source (HW-150PVR) delivering an S-video signal instead of component output signal. I don't know if my particular HW-150PVR is defective, or it needs to be switched to component output somehow, or if design of this product is defective. So I'm using composite output instead. Considering the TV is 480i only, it probably doesn't matter. The Sony picture is very clear.

Jorgek:
Picked up a HW-150PVR at Future Shop today for $50 (Boxing day sale).  Works great but not as sensitive as my Dynex 24" TV.
The Dynex scans in 30 channels and the HW only 27.  Also I get minor pixalation on CFTO 9.1 on the HW.

The HW records well on a USB stick formatted with FAT 32.  Haven't tried a timed recording off the EPG.

The HDMI only does 1080P output.  It doesn't seem to do 1080i or 720P.

So far I'm pleased with the HW.

cyberham:
That's a good price. Even if channels don't scan in automatically, you can manually scan in any channel. I must re-orient my indoor antenna to receive CFTO. It is the only VHF channel. I am pleased with it. Picked up VGA-S-video converter so I can also view Netflix and slingbox on the TV too.

Jorgek:
The HW records in .mts format.  VLS on my PC would not play it.  Bummer.

cyberham:
I only need to replay on TV for time shift. So it's ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version