Television sources > Over The Air (OTA) television

NTSC OTA in GTA

(1/5) > >>

cyberham:
Just set up a beautiful Sony KV27FS100L NTSC TV that I found on kijiji for free. I have also confirmed using rabbit ears in a basement there are no NTSC OTA channels in Brampton anymore.
What is the next best step to receive anything via OTA from the GTA? My goal was to be able to simply receive the strongest local channels so I can catch some local news. I already have all national news channels and network channels via slingbox from another city.
Added: In short, I need an ATSC to NTSC converter box. Any recommendations?

Jorgek:
Well I just did the same with a 19" LCD NTSC.  I paid  $20 for it though.  I connected to the roof top CM 4221 and scanned.  Absolutely nothing from GTA or from USA.  My intention is to use it as a spare monitor.

I have read that for the money, $60, the HomeWorx HW-150PVR ATSC Digital TV Converter Box and PVR is pretty good.[/size] [/color]
[/size][/color]

cyberham:
I bought the HW-150PVR and it is doing the job. Paid $63 at Canada Computers. Up to 10 digital channels including Buffalo with only indoor antenna in the basement.

Jorgek:
With the roof top ant I get about 30 channels.  The ant is pointed 140 degrees true towards Buffalo.

Does the PVR work ok?

cyberham:
PVR works using memory stick. Haven't tested much yet. Mainly wanted receiver capability. Now need VGA to S-video converter so I can transfer Netflix and slingbox to the "big screen".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version