Television sources > Over The Air (OTA) television

How Many Channels?

<< < (2/5) > >>

JohnBeaulieu:
I live about 30 miles southeast of a large metropolitan area and I get 20 to 30 channels depending on which room of the house I'm in. I have an indoor powered antenna and a digital TV.

g17feedhunter:
I live North of Toronto and get about 50 stations.. Buffalo, Toronto, Rochester, Erie, Hamilton etc.. on good nights Cleveland used to come in too.

6up:
Am in Seattle and I can receive ABC, NBC, MY TV and CTV. The reception is o.k. But I like live online streaming since I can get get thousands of stations to choose from.

DrSat:
The amount of receivable OTA channels is greatly dependent on one's location, the type of antenna used, where it is mounted and how it is connected to the TV. As a rule of thumb, an outdoor antenna mounted at the highest position on the roof or tower and a straight RG6 coax connection to the TV will yield the best results.

We have an OTA coverage tool on our website at http://otacoverage.drsat.ca which will show all potentially receivable channels for a specific address including coverage maps for most stations.

mairj23:
My cousin just bought a big outdoor antenna. It only picks up about 6 channels. That's a big disappointment if you ask me. OTA tv sucks big time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version