Television sources > Over The Air (OTA) television

How Many Channels?

<< < (3/5) > >>

g17feedhunter:

--- Quote from: mairj23 on June 25, 2015, 03:47 pm ---My cousin just bought a big outdoor antenna. It only picks up about 6 channels. That's a big disappointment if you ask me. OTA tv sucks big time.

--- End quote ---

Can I have your bell or rogers rep id please? Your opinion is mis-informed and sounds like nothing more than an attempt to troll and keep people on the pay providers.

JohnBeaulieu:

--- Quote from: mairj23 on March 24, 2015, 03:51 pm ---That I cant answer because I'm in the U.S. Here, we can get about 10 to 12 on average. Yes, the reception is bad at times and if you got an outdoor antenna, you constantly have to turn it for best reception. I wonder how things work in Canada, contrast to the U.S.

--- End quote ---

You can not compare the entirety of the USA to Canada for reception. Local market comparisons make more sense. It depends on the local terrain, where the transmitters are etc... To just blindly state that 10 to 12 channels represents the average of the whole nation is ludicrous.

JohnBeaulieu:

--- Quote from: 6up on May 30, 2015, 04:15 am ---Am in Seattle and I can receive ABC, NBC, MY TV and CTV. The reception is o.k. But I like live online streaming since I can get get thousands of stations to choose from.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious to know what online service you could possibly be referring to. Thousands of broadcast channels via streaming seems highly unlikely.

JohnBeaulieu:

--- Quote from: mairj23 on June 25, 2015, 03:47 pm ---My cousin just bought a big outdoor antenna. It only picks up about 6 channels. That's a big disappointment if you ask me. OTA tv sucks big time.

--- End quote ---

You can not really categorically say that. There not be as much offered where your cousin lives or there may be installation and configuration issues. I get between 20 and 30 channels with an indoor antenna where I live.

Jorgek:
Agree, it all depends where you live.  Here in the Mississauga area I consistently get about 31 OTA channels a mix of Toronto, Buffalo and Hamilton.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version