Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Music streaming service Spotify launches in Canada  (Read 5524 times)

NewsHound

• Platinum member

• Personal Text
    Automated news posting bot
Music streaming service Spotify launches in Canada
« on: September 30, 2014, 07:30 am »
Music streaming service Spotify launches in Canada

The online music streaming service Spotify has officially launched in Canada.

Source: Music streaming service Spotify launches in Canada

smlebbie@gmail.com

Re: Music streaming service Spotify launches in Canada
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 06:12 pm »
I haven't installed it yet.  Yet, it looks like it could be a game changer though.  Pandora is okay, but I'm could really use an alternative. I'm always on the look out for new Electronic Dance Music and I think that Spotify would fit the bill.

mikeqin

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:28 pm »

Spotify had signalled in 2009 that it was looking to move into Canada within months but never did.

kittyworker

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:15 am »
I have a Spotify Premium account as a bonus for my Mobile Phone plan. It is a great music library, you can basically find any song and add to it your own playlist. Free is quite limited though, you can only skip a number of times and can't save offline. If you spend a bit on music just to listen on computer/phone I will recommend you look into this, might save yourself a few dollars. The free version can be used to select moods/genres you enjoy and discover new songs you can acquire in other means too!

KNH

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:49 pm »
I have a Spotify Premium account as a bonus for my Mobile Phone plan. It is a great music library, you can basically find any song and add to it your own playlist. Free is quite limited though, you can only skip a number of times and can't save offline. If you spend a bit on music just to listen on computer/phone I will recommend you look into this, might save yourself a few dollars. The free version can be used to select moods/genres you enjoy and discover new songs you can acquire in other means too!

Great tips here. I get annoyed when I run out of "skips", but for being free it's a pretty good service. I can find older songs that I used to enjoy, and it has introduced me to new artists that I can then YouTube to listen to more of their songs.

westmixxin

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21 pm »
  It's interesting that the radio is come so far there’s nothing like satellite radios yarns with you I really enjoy the freedom the satellite radio provides and I hope in the future become something that is much more valuable.

dyanmarie25

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57 am »
I totally love streaming music through Spotify. I like those various playlists you could listen to anytime, from heavy metal to classical. It's pretty accessible too.  :)

Niall95g

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 05:17 pm »
Spotify is a great application. Especially when those annoying adverts are taken away. Though you have to pay for that. I also like the feature that recommends similar artists. It makes it much easier to find more artists and bands!

mairj23

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 06:39 pm »
I agree, Spotify is my favorite online streaming service. It has many artists and brands and you can find new and old music easily. Spotify might knock off Pandora as the number one streaming service. Also the site is very professional looking and appealing.

Niall95g

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 11:00 am »
I have to say I have never heard of Pandora, is this a popular service in Canada?

mairj23

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 02:31 pm »
I'm sure Pandora is available in Canada because it's very popular here is the states. You get a great selection of music as well at your fingertips. There is a subscription with for the service but I don't know the price. Try Spotify, to me it's better and there is a free version.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23 pm »
This what I found about Pandora in Canada: http://www.howtogetitincanada.com/how-to-get-pandora-in-canada/   I don't know how current it is though.

superbobby

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:02 am »
I stopped listening to radio the moment I downloaded Spotify. It is such a good app for discovering new songs.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.