Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: BlackBerry reports $207-million second-quarter loss  (Read 3713 times)

NewsHound

• Platinum member

• Personal Text
    Automated news posting bot
BlackBerry reports $207-million second-quarter loss
« on: September 26, 2014, 01:31 pm »

BlackBerry has posted a loss of $207 million in its second quarter as it moves ahead with a turnaround effort.

Source: BlackBerry reports $207-million second-quarter loss

mikeqin

Re: BlackBerry reports $207-million second-quarter loss
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:33 pm »
I see Blackberry employees defending their commander and chief, but I won`t let him off that easily. Chen took an enormous write-down two quarters ago with expectation that it would be the final loss. Now they have to take further write downs? Chen has had enough time to turn BB around, he has to go.

joshua minaya

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:53 am »

BlackBerry has posted a loss of $207 million in its second quarter as it moves ahead with a turnaround effort.

Source: BlackBerry reports $207-million second-quarter loss

I  always saw this coming and now that it has happened. I am certainly not surprised.

Niall95g

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 05:12 pm »
Not surprised at all to be honest. The brand has been struggling for a while. The phones were not capable of keeping up with the others on the market.

E.Mil

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39 pm »
I'm  not surprised either. I didn't know that people were still using blackberries. There were popular for awhile, but what's more popular now are the iphones or samsung galaxies.

mairj23

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 06:13 pm »
BlackBerry use to dominate the field about 7 years ago. What has happened to this company? Competitors such has the Samsung Galaxy and Iphone's have made the blackberry irrelevant. They need to be more innovative to compete with the top dogs.

westmixxin

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 01:59 am »
 Nobody wants a blackberry it's a incredibly outdated phone I don't understand why they haven't upgraded it so they compete with the current phones on the market. They pretty much have it looking exactly the way that he used to. I'm not even sure they have a touchscreen version of the BlackBerry available right now. That makes absolutely no sense.

dyanmarie25

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 04:02 am »
I have never been a fan of Blackberry phones although they became pretty popular back in 2010-2012. Same as other posters have mentioned, I am not surprised that they have gone down. If they want to come back and be on top again, they should upgrade and release new features of their phones.

tiffaninichole

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 01:59 pm »
Wow. I remember when Blackberries were all the rage about 8 or so years ago. They were especially popular with the white collar crowd and people who had busy schedules. I guess back then, Blackberries were the original smartphone. I didn't even know Blackberries were still being produced. Who is buying them? I don't know anyone who has one. Every I know has either Android or iPhone.

kgord

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 11:48 pm »
Well I think Blackberry is really old hat. I don't even know anyone who has a blackberry anymore. It is one of the things that is not well known in the world anymore. I think it is just a hangover from a certain time in the past. I have never had one, nor do I want one.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.