Television sources > Internet streaming

Rogers and Shaw teaming up to take on Netflix with new on-demand video service

<< < (2/2)

OTAWatcher:

--- Quote from: cyberham on August 30, 2014, 01:31 pm ---Spelling is shomi.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I corrected my typo.

Emerald_Boar:
Doesnt appear that this service will be HD.  But instead the service in 480p if people are lucky.

Plus, give it year.  Shomi will be $30+/month for HD service.  Plus there will be VOD and any other thing that they can think of in order to sell to their "valued shomi customers"

Read ya l8r,
EB

OTAWatcher:
Don't think that it will be $30+/month anytime soon, at least not until they substantially increase their amount of available content.  At the very least, there should be no season gaps for the TV shows they carry.
Also keep in mind that they have to keep their price inline with Netflix and other similar services.

From what I'm seeing so far and from what I'm hearing from other people, the amount of content Shomi currently has does not yet warrant paying $8.99/month for it.  They will have to quickly add much more content if they expect people to stay after the 30 day trial period is over.

smlebbie@gmail.com:
The pricing point isn't my main concerned. I'm more concerned about the bandwidth and streaming quality. As a long time Netflix user I've noticed that the streaming has become slower and slower over the years. Any company that can overcome this, I would have no problem paying a little bit more for.

mikeqin:
They know they have a virtual monopoly and they behave like they do. No shocker at all. Things will get worse before they get better. To get better, people need to dump Rogers and Bell and even Telus. People need to stop signing contract and keep switching to the better deal. Customer brand/corporate loyalty is stupid loyalty. As I said from when Guy Laurence was first hired. He will be no different for consumers and possibly worse than the last guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version