Television sources > Dish Network

DirecTv vs Dish Network

(1/3) > >>

mairj23:
Hello, I've had both Dish Network and DirecTv at my house at one  point in time. I prefer DirecTv better because it's has a better layout of the channels and is easier to find what you're looking for. Which satellite provider do you prefer?

JohnBeaulieu:
I prefer DirecTV. I like the channel guide. I also like the selection better.

6up:
DirecTv have more channels,  more packages and great overall content. All these are not offered by dish network tv. That is why I also prefer DirecTv.

JohnBeaulieu:
DirecTV seems to have more channels. They are also more stable. They don't seem to engage in as much contract and price bickering as dish network does of channels and content. They both have issues with pricing changes, but dish seems to have more restrictions on dvr usage and programming blackouts.

InvalidArmadillo:
We used to have Dish Network but the price bickering JohnBeaulieu pointed out ultimately made us switch to DirectTV. They dropped AMC at the time when AMC had Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I couldn't watch 3 of the best and most notable TV shows because of this contract dispute. What exactly is the point of paying for TV again if I have to find pirate streams of the shows I want to watch most?

Direct TV also seemed more stable. It seemed like bad weather affected our Dish service a little bit more than DirectTV. We didn't have a lot of problems concerning weather with both, but Direct TV did win out a little.

I also agree with Direct TV having a more logically laid out program guide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version