Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: FM vs AM vs Satellite Radio  (Read 5481 times)

mairj23

FM vs AM vs Satellite Radio
« on: February 28, 2015, 04:25 pm »
Hey, just wanted to ask everyone, which do you prefer best, FM, AM, or Satellite Radio? This one is for the radio heads.

Johnderman

Re: FM vs AM vs Satellite Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:03 pm »
Well I prefer whatever gives me the music I want. Often, that's not FM or even AM, especially not AM most of the time. You kind of left out internet radio in this, now that internet access is so widespread, people are using Pandora and Spotify and other systems now too.

mairj23

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 06:15 pm »
Yeah, you're right about that. FM and AM just can't compete with internet radio or streaming services. Too many commercials and they play the same songs over and over in rotation.

E.Mil

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:13 pm »
I like some am radio stations the only thing that bugs me is that am radio does not have a very good sound quality as fm radio. I've been listening to some of the other types of internet radio such as pandora and the satellite radio and to be honest I prefer these two over the am and fm radio any day.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 08:29 pm »
I was never impressed with satellite radio. Why pay for it when I can stream or listen to over the air broadcasst for free?

6up

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 04:24 am »
FM is my best choice. Anywhere you go you can enjoy local stations for free. Usually reception is o.k. Satellite  TV do not offer most local broadcasts. I hate  broadcast over AM since reception is usually poor.

rz3300

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05 pm »
Well I know I may come across as boring, but I am okay with that, because I happen to prefer AM radio a lot to FM.  It is not that I think the music is necessarily lacking from the FM, I just really like talk radio.  For some reason it is relaxing to me and it is a good way to pass the time in the car, so I always opt for the AM option.  There is a lot of good content out there, too, which certainly helps when you know you are getting your money worth.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.