Dr. Sat discussion forum

Phone providers => POTS traditional landline and VoIP => Topic started by: Johnderman on March 13, 2015, 10:47 pm

Title: Google Voice merged with Hangouts
Post by: Johnderman on March 13, 2015, 10:47 pm
So now that GV merged with Hangouts, my Google Talk extension on my Chrome browser is pretty useless. I'm having trouble pulling up my contacts' phone numbers using Hangouts. Anyone have any tips on that? Do I always have to have my GV contacts open to find their numbers, or some day will we be able to type their name into Hangouts and be able to call their phone number instead of video chat with them?
Title: Re: Google Voice merged with Hangouts
Post by: JohnBeaulieu on May 28, 2015, 04:55 pm
I have had the same problems. I have been able to use the voice plugin from Internet Explorer without issues. It does not work for me in Google Chrome anymore.
Title: Re: Google Voice merged with Hangouts
Post by: kgord on November 23, 2015, 10:13 am
I have never used google voice, although at one time, I used to use Gtalk. I haven't been in google hangouts very often. It just doesn't appeal to me that much.I look at it once in a while to see what is happening, or who they think I should be talking to, but there are only so many hours in a day, and I keep pretty busy with my internet tasks already.