Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: More programming is making over-the-air TV viewing a great option  (Read 10069 times)

JohnBeaulieu

Re: More programming is making over-the-air TV viewing a great option
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 09:56 pm »
Like I answered before, OTA tv is better than it used to be but still lacks good, in depth programming. Most of these extra channels only show reruns of shows from the 70's and 80's. While some just rotate ABC's shows to NBC, NBC's show's over to CBS and so on. So you're  basically watching the same shows on 3 or 4 different networks.

Again, this is a blanket statement that you simply can not substantiate. What you get over that air varies widely by market.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 10:01 pm »
This does sound good for many reasons. Over the air tv should be free like it always has been nut it seems like politicians are trying to change that. I don't think it will pass anyhow but it's good to see other competitors out there.

I would really like to know what politicians you think are trying to forcibly change the revenue model of broadcast stations. I haven't seen nor heard of any legislation to that effect and I really don't see why anyone would waste their time doing it.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06 pm »
For me, over the air programming is only good for the news and some sports. As far as TV shows and movies, they're very weak. The big networks, ABC, Fox, CBS, and NBC have no quality shows anymore. They all seem to rotate their shows as well, from one network to the other.

Fox affiliates in various networks will tend to pick up previous seasons of other shows in syndication for rebroadcast. Other than that there isn't some sort of widespread show sharing like you indicate. It is common for shows that are no longer in new production to be picked up and rerun byt other networks. This is in fact more prevalent on cable networks then it ever has been on broadcast networks.

rz3300

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 12:32 pm »
I have not really seen an increase in programming, but that still does not change my opinion that you can pretty much get what you want from over the air channels if you are really looking to save some money.  In my experience, having the television on was more just something to have in the background, so paying for all the bells and whistles was just not worth it, so I was fine with the lack of programming.  I would say just do your research before making any decisions.

djsat

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 01:16 pm »
I am all for OTA. I mean I generally uses online streaming services for some of my favorite content anyways. So, why would I want to pay for anything else, I pay for my internet don't I.

Having said that, I still haven't made the switch because not everyone in my family agrees with me.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.