Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mediasonic HW 150 PVR Digital Converter  (Read 3847 times)

Jorgek

Mediasonic HW 150 PVR Digital Converter
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:00 pm »
The other day I purchased a HW 150 PVR ATSC OTA digital converter on sale for $50.
It worked great right out of the box.  I scanned in 27 channels, a mix of Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo with the CM 4221 on the roof.
The PVR works well with a USB stick.
One issue was the EPG was displaying the date as 5 days ago.  A known glitch according to the Mediasonic forum web site.
I emailed the Mediasonic help desk Sunday night.  Monday, before noon, I received a reply with new software attached.  Wow that is what I call customer service!
The updated software, which was easy to load, corrected the issue.

So far every feature appears to work correctly.  I’ll have to try the other PVR features including an external HDD.

FTA: Openbox S9, 33" dish on Stab 90 HH, Avenger PLL LNB.  Spare 33" with Avenger PLL LNB.  25" at 30W, GeoSatPro  PLL LNB.
OTA: CM4221 at 35 ft. HW-150 PVR.

Jorgek

Re: Mediasonic HW 150 PVR Digital Converter
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:17 pm »
Well the the USB stick is not reliable.  I am now recording to an 1TB external HD. Its working well.

With the current clear cold weather, I have now scanned in 30 channels.
FTA: Openbox S9, 33" dish on Stab 90 HH, Avenger PLL LNB.  Spare 33" with Avenger PLL LNB.  25" at 30W, GeoSatPro  PLL LNB.

joshua minaya

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:28 pm »
The other day I purchased a HW 150 PVR ATSC OTA digital converter on sale for $50.
It worked great right out of the box.  I scanned in 27 channels, a mix of Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo with the CM 4221 on the roof.
The PVR works well with a USB stick.
One issue was the EPG was displaying the date as 5 days ago.  A known glitch according to the Mediasonic forum web site.
I emailed the Mediasonic help desk Sunday night.  Monday, before noon, I received a reply with new software attached.  Wow that is what I call customer service!
The updated software, which was easy to load, corrected the issue.

So far every feature appears to work correctly.  I’ll have to try the other PVR features including an external HDD.

After trying out the other PVR features have you been able to get any positive result.

Jorgek

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:39 pm »
After more testing the USB stick proved to be unreliable for recording.  It was pixalating.
A Seagate 1 TB HDD is working properly.

Also I'm now scanning in 30 channels.  Don't know what changed, maybe the cold stable weather.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.