Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How Many Channels?  (Read 13163 times)

JohnBeaulieu

Re: How Many Channels?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07 pm »
Agree, it all depends where you live.  Here in the Mississauga area I consistently get about 31 OTA channels a mix of Toronto, Buffalo and Hamilton.

That is a nice selection to choose from! All of mine are from the Seattle area. I get around 20 of them plus or minus a few in certain types of weather. It's more or less a fall back for satellite service being down. We don't really experience any service issues though.

jsebean

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 08:14 pm »
You guys are so lucky. Here in Southwestern Nova Scotia I only regularly get CTV and Global. CTV is analog, but luckily Global is digital. I can get CTV about 80% of the time in Digital from St. John, NB but sometimes it doesn't come in. The antenna is on a tripod on the roof... Wineguard HD8200U about 30 feet up in all... it's a dang nice antenna though.

However, when the weather is right, I can get Boston on some nights and pull in around 30-40 channels. But some days it works, other days it doesn't, depends on how good the tropo forecast is for us.

Hence why we supplement our TV with FTA. We don't have netflix due to limited internet connectivity, but Cozi TV and feeds get us by on the dish :P

kgord

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:18 pm »
I think it depends on your proximity to a city. I am in the country, and without some kind of satellite intervention, I get only about 1 to 3 channels and the reception is very bad. I have a TV in the bedroom that was hooked to a box without satellite, and it wasn't even worth running. The reception was so poor.

rz3300

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 08:48 pm »
I have since moved on from OTA television, but I have to say that I was not entirely displeased with my experience.  First off, of course I saved a good amount of money, which is always helpful.  Also, though, there were a good amount of channels, and I got most of the sports that I wanted to watch.  Plus, with all of the online options is was not hard to watch what I wanted when I wanted.  I had to give in though because I did miss my channels.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28 pm »
I think it depends on your proximity to a city. I am in the country, and without some kind of satellite intervention, I get only about 1 to 3 channels and the reception is very bad. I have a TV in the bedroom that was hooked to a box without satellite, and it wasn't even worth running. The reception was so poor.

We don't even have analog channels to choose from on my side of the border, so count yourself lucky there I guess.

Martin

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 03:23 pm »
I am in Oakville , using a channel master 4 bay mounted on the side of house ,with a Motorola amp - pointed at Lake Ontario and getting about  20  stations right now. I am considering going to an 8 bay - multi directional - to bring in city and global 

theone

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 12:13 pm »
I am from Brampton and have an 8 bay CM4228 antenna sitting on a tripod on top of my roof. Cable hooked to a CM3412 amplifier to 2 TVs and I am getting about 36 channels and on some days I can get up to 50 channels.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.