Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: First 4DTV & now HITS  (Read 4872 times)

a1gonquin

First 4DTV & now HITS
« on: June 03, 2016, 11:54 am »
Anyone who had had 4DTV service before the shutdown Jan. 5th, 2011 may remember this NPS fiasco. Hopefully the remaining providers for HITS don't lower themselves to that same level.
Here's 2 .m3u audio files from the defunct AccessAmerica radio program on 97W Ku from 2010. They are combined together in .rar & play in VLC media player. About 6 minutes each.
Mike Kohl with Ralph Black as emcee. Note the thinly veiled shameless promotion in the 2nd file.
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world.

Max Born

Z_finigan

Re: First 4DTV & now HITS
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:00 am »
So here is a question. How many people used hits to home ,or 4dtv. In all.  Why can't someone start a foundation that would fund raise the money to pay someone to open a feed or open up the channels. I bet if all the 4dt user got together. It could happen. And even work out to be cheaper.  Just saying. Plus if in the clear. No need for 500 + dollar boxes.

rainiersatellite

• Platinum member

• Rainier Satellite
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:22 pm »
As of August 24th the 4DTV HITS programming service ended. C band programming is still available in PURE HD from Rainier Satellite www.rainiersatellite.com
Rainier Satellite LLC Support.
Call us at: 509-486-4137

http://www.rainiersatellite.com

a1gonquin

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:36 pm »
So here is a question. How many people used hits to home ,or 4dtv. In all.  Why can't someone start a foundation that would fund raise the money to pay someone to open a feed or open up the channels. I bet if all the 4dt user got together. It could happen. And even work out to be cheaper.  Just saying. Plus if in the clear. No need for 500 + dollar boxes.

Have you even seriously searched for what is involved to create a foundation? Have you researched how costly it is to lease a transponder on a satellite?

Why do you think NASA has moved from 105W to 127W satellite? Likely it is ONE - NBCU wants BIG bucks for the 4 transponders and TWO their budget has been severely cut by the current administration. 

Comcast has closed the door forever on consumer HITS and buying programming on existing transponders still costs a bundle to maintain the subscriber authorization base.
Consumer receivers that are capable of meeting provider standards cost money.

A business that does no inventory soon goes broke. Satellite television is not a charity.

The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world.

Max Born

rainiersatellite

• Platinum member

• Rainier Satellite
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 03:42 pm »

As far as 4D numbers I'm not at liberty to say. Your plan wont work because the way the system is. Do you think the programmers would open up their signals just so the FTA people could watch, even if someone sent them a few bucks collected in a charity drive? NO. Programmers channels are encrypted to keep the cable and small dish companies honest.

The run on the 4DTV has ended and will not be coming back. Rainier Satellite is the last C band provider left. Our contracts are for 5 years so were in it for the long haul. If you need C band programming visit us.

Z_finigan

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 11:48 am »
I had not noticed that nasa moved.  I scan for changes once a week.  Comcast is stupid in alot of ways. Tv as we know it will die with my generation.  You know the kids from the 80s.  They would have been smarter having a hits to home. And turning off the cables feed. There going to one day.  Look at dish. Up to trying to get c band customers again.  With there skinny plan.   where you can buy what you want.  Ask your self. How long will that last. And its funny. Cause they waited till shut down to start that.  When is the last time you scanned.  You may wasn't to do it again

doug900

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 01:12 pm »
As of August 24th the 4DTV HITS programming service ended. C band programming is still available in PURE HD from Rainier Satellite www.rainiersatellite.com

Trouble with Rainier is, they don't list a channel lineup, and, I'm not a football fan. They supposedly have packages, but what's in them?  No channel breakdown.  I have emailed them, and got a wishy washy answer.  At this point, don't waste your hard earned.  And, since I have revived my 10' Paraclipse dish, after the demise of "programming center"(HITS), there are plenty of c-band digital FTA channels, to keep us entertained!  Anybody reading this, I'm looking to buy an H to H mount, for my 10' Paraclipse dish.  Anybody know of any?  Thanks, Doug

rainiersatellite

• Platinum member

• Rainier Satellite
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 12:56 pm »
Rainier has our channel lineup listed next to the package for purchase. If you didn't see it you were not looking in the right place. See link below.

http://www.shop.rainiersatellite.net/webstore/packages.htm

We have just added two new networks, GSN and Ovation to our Lifeline basic package. Rainier also added Playboy TV to our lineup earlier this year. There's more channels coming to Rainier this year as we continue to rebuild C band subscription TV. Our programming costs are low compared to the alternatives. For instance you can get NFL Network in Pure master HD from us for less than 11.00 a month in our lifeline basic package. To get NFL with other providers you pay $60 or more a month to purchase it.

Here is Game Show Network on Rainier. It has been brought back after being lost from the old 4DTV system last August. Rainier will continue to bring back channels from the old 4DTV system and ones that have been gone for many years from c band.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.