Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Netflix could be turning Japanese this fall  (Read 2053 times)

NicCris

Netflix could be turning Japanese this fall
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:01 pm »
Online subscription video leader Netflix is preparing to enter Japan and countries in Southern Europe in the second half of the year, JPMorgan says. Netflix already has announced plans to launch service in Australia and New Zealand on March 31. But JPMorgan sees additional international launches as likely this year in Europe and Asia. JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth on Tuesday reiterated his overweight rating on Netflix stock with a price target of 450. His bullish stance is based on subscriber growth Netflix's aggressive international expansion and compelling slate of original programs. He also sees continued traction in Western Europe and solid U.S. growth. The analyst predicts Netflix will expand into Southern Europe and Japan in the second half of 2015, followed by Eastern Europe and South Korea in 2016.

InvalidArmadillo

Re: Netflix could be turning Japanese this fall
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 08:49 pm »
I'm honestly surprised Netflix isn't currently in Japan. It seems like they would have been the perfect market for the service since Japan is so technologically savvy. I wonder if that means they'll start importing more Japanese shows to the US as well. It seems like getting more anime might help them get a leg up on Hulu or other streaming services.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:24 am »
I don't think this will have much if any effect on the content provided in the USA or Canada. Licensing rights and royalties are a jurisdictional situation. I'm sure that what they can provide in various countries will depend not just on what is culturally relevant there but also on how expensive it is for them to provide the content.

rz3300

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:20 pm »
To be honest I am surprised that it took this long for them to get into the Asian markets.  The way that technology works these days and is really not confined within borders I would just have assumed that it was available most everywhere, especially in a more modern society like Japan.  Either way, though, I think that it is a good thing for them to expand to new markets, and it certainly means that they are doing well.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.