Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Netflix $1 price increase  (Read 8591 times)

tiffaninichole

Re: Netflix $1 price increase
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57 pm »
Ugh. I hate price increases. Increasing by a dollar every few years may not seem like much, but it adds up. Especially for a service that isn't essential. Like someone mentioned up-thread, Netflix is a luxury, not a necessity, and when push comes to shove, putting food on the table is more important than keeping a Netflix subscription. For many people, that dollar is a big deal.

guitarmom12

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 06:17 pm »
I have been a subscriber of Netflix and they have such a great variety of movies and TV shows but I am not sure if I will continue to stay with them due to the $1 raise. I have been looking around and I am thinking very seriously about switching to hulu. I just don't care for the way Netflix is handling things because I think it is very unprofessional of them.

TheInventionOfFlying

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 09:29 pm »
I think we can handle a $1 price increase for a service that's rapidly changed the way we see TV. I'm no longer pirating anymore so it's quite a big deal to me to be an honest subscriber.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 06:20 pm »
Ugh. I hate price increases. Increasing by a dollar every few years may not seem like much, but it adds up. Especially for a service that isn't essential. Like someone mentioned up-thread, Netflix is a luxury, not a necessity, and when push comes to shove, putting food on the table is more important than keeping a Netflix subscription. For many people, that dollar is a big deal.

If that dollar is key to them putting food on the table I doubt they have Netflix to begin with.

RalphRogers

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 10:54 am »
Netflix is very reasonably priced for the quality you receive. It is expanding into a lot more countries, so now the world can stream along! I've been on board with Netflix almost since day one! Love it!

TheRedCap

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 01:49 pm »
Honestly I'm surprised Netflix is the price it is given it's competition as well as the premium first-party content they provide. It's easily my go-to platform for streaming content over Hulu and Amazon prime. That being said, a $1 increase could be the beginning of a negative trend but I'm sure Netflix knows what they're doing.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 12:04 am »
The funny thing is that I think somebody must have been necroposting and revived an old topic, because this was news in 2014. The price increase already happened. It isn't news anymore. It looks like the prize goes to @tiffaninichole for posting in a dead topic. It had last been commented on in June 2015 by me, and she revived it at the end of November for some odd reason.

kgord

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 12:52 pm »
Well, Netflix is doing great now, and there stock has rose substantially. If they raise their prices, they should consider adding some decent movies to the queue. I do like their original series events as well, as some of the movies that I think were made to go right to video. I really like that I can watch Netflix on my kindle.

KO6153

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 09:48 pm »
Yeah at first it doesn't seem like a lot, but as time goes on (especially if you've been a constant, loyal Netflix member) you will notice the increases over time which may seem more noticeable to the long term consumer than a new comer. Although, if you are to spend money on any streaming network I do not know if Netflix is the best because they do not upload seasons until months after when the show may have become irrelevant to you or something of that likeliness.

rz3300

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 12:30 pm »
Yeah, it happens.  It is still a great price for what you get in my opinion, and I bet that they thought about for a little while and realized that it is a pretty modest increase and that most customers understand the basics of inflation so they would be just fine with it.  It is still a great way to save money if you are looking for alternatives to cable tv and satellite, and I would still strongly recommend it.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.