Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Canadian Netflix has some content U.S Netflix doesn’t have  (Read 5123 times)

joshua minaya

It’s hard to deny the disparity between the amount of content available on U.S Netflix when compared to what we get up here in Canada. When you look into it though, there are certain television programs and movies that the U.S. doesn’t have access too.
American Netflix probably has its Canadian counterpart beat when it comes to television shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, South Park and most importantly, the phenomenal Sons Of Anarchy, but when it comes to actual movies, the difference between the two regions is a little less painful.
For instance, the first season of Homeland and early seasons of Community and Dexter, are only available in Canada and not the United States (Hulu has the exclusive streaming rights to Community in the U.S.).
Also, Canadian-produced shows like Being Erica and the old school Degrassi High, are exclusive to Canadian Netflix.
When it comes to movies, most Canadian exclusive titles are a few years old. 127 Hours, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Battle: Los Angeles, Catfish, Children of Men.
Classics like Boyz N The Hood, Cruel Intentions, Das Boot and Dazed and Confused, are also exclusive to Netflix Canada.  The list could go on and on, but it’s easier to delve into the detailed database below and find out for yourself.
Still, there’s much more content available in the U.S., over 10,000 titles. In Canada, we’re currently stuck with around 4,000.

http://o.canada.com/technology/personal-tech/canadian-netflix-has-some-content-u-s-netflix-doesnt-have

KNH

Re: Canadian Netflix has some content U.S Netflix doesn’t have
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 05:44 pm »
I think that's why a lot of people look to other sites where they can watch the shows for free. I use a few sites - it's probably illegal, I'm not sure - that offer just about every U.S. show that isn't on Canadian Netflix. Eventually I will probably end my subscription to Netflix because of that. If they added more shows it might be worth keeping, but at this point I'm not totally sure.

mikka254

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 04:31 am »
When a television network has a reach of different countries, you would not expect the same programming. What happens is they do a market research on what is popular and what will make them money and not the word of a few people. So if a program has the attention of 90%, the program with the attention of 40% will either get cancelled or not be broadcast in that area.

westmixxin

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:04 pm »
 It's amazing simply because when I go on the Canadian Netflix it seems like the new seasons pop up way faster than they do on the English Netflix. I hate that simply because when I would try to watch archer I noticed that the new season didn't pop up until recently but in Canada the season popped up five months ago.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 03:29 pm »
Netflix has to pay for the content it provides. The laws in Canada are different from the USA when it comes to copyrights, royalties, etc... I'm not at all surprised at the content differences.

kgord

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 02:27 pm »
I have Netflix here in the US and the content in terms of movies is not very good. They always have older movies or those that didn't do well at the box office. Now their original TV shows like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are excellent. IF those are available in Canada you should watch them!

tiffaninichole

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 09:52 pm »
Every country that has Netflix available has different offerings. There's a Chrome app called Hola Better Internet that lets you access websites not available in your country. So you could use the app to access Jamaica's Netflix if you wanted to. It's pretty cool and an easy way to find a few shows that you want to watch that aren't available in your country.

kgord

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 11:55 am »
Well, that is very interesting! Thanks for sharing that! It is amazing the kinds of apps an sites that are available. It is just one of the things that you need and can use. It is a way you can find the options you really desire in terms of programming!

rz3300

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02 pm »
I never really thought about the legal ramifications regarding Netflix purchasing their content, so thank you to the user who brought that up, because that certainly plays a role in what we see when it comes to the product.  I always assumed that the content was pretty much the same for all users, but I guess that is not the case.  It really just makes me wonder if there is a way to access ALL of the content available through Netflix no matter what country you are in.  I doubt it, but I can still wish.

markhascole

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 04:23 am »
I have Netflix here in the UK and the content in terms of movies is not very good.
That's why I am using VPN to access USA Netflix Recently I bought Express VPN from this article https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-online-streaming-websites/ to access the USA Netflix now i am completely satisfied with Express VPN.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:00 am by markhascole »

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.