Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Amazon Prime worth it?  (Read 4745 times)

Johnderman

Amazon Prime worth it?
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:23 pm »
So I tried Prime before, and they had some pretty good titles on it. But the last time I looked, it was all trailers and almost no hit movies. What happened? Is Prime really worth it anymore or has anything changed?

mairj23

Re: Amazon Prime worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 07:39 pm »
I thought about getting amazon prime, but not quite sure yet. Can anyone give me some suggestions? How about ChromeCast, Roku, or Sling TV? I'm really confused and would love if someone has some suggestions to which is better.

westmixxin

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:10 pm »
 it's amazing I continuously hear about Amazon prime. But I've never actually used it before I don't even necessarily know what comes with. I do understand that different programs like Hulu is more focused on TV shows. I like Netflix because it's a combination of TV shows and Movies.

tlspiegel

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 06:47 pm »
I don't have Amazon Prime, but my friend does. He watched all ten episodes of The Man in the High Castle in three sittings and still hasn't stopped raving about how good it was.  The TV series got great reviews. Perhaps someday, Netflix will have it on their schedule of shows to watch.  But, I couldn't see signing up for Amazon Prime at $99 for a one year membership. 

tiffaninichole

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 08:55 pm »
As someone who's had Prime for over 4 years, I'd say it's definitely worth it. The free 2 day shipping alone is well worth the price. Well, it's worth it if you frequently shop on Amazon. I'm always on Amazon, so the Prime shipping is perfect for me. I'm pretty much spoiled by it because now I'm used to getting my items within 4 days or less after ordering. LOL.

I don't really utilize the tv show area, but I'm thinking of using it because I might as well get all that I can out of having my membership.

tlspiegel

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 09:48 pm »
My friend told me he ordered toilet paper ;D through the new program called: Amazon Prime Skip the trip One-hour delivery.  It was delivered to him in less than an hour!  You can read about it here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pn_surl_lp/?node=10481056011    Type in your zip code to see if it's offered in your area.

tiffaninichole

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 09:27 pm »
My friend told me he ordered toilet paper ;D through the new program called: Amazon Prime Skip the trip One-hour delivery.  It was delivered to him in less than an hour!  You can read about it here: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pn_surl_lp/?node=10481056011    Type in your zip code to see if it's offered in your area.

Aw man, it's not in my area! Booo! LOL! I figured it wouldn't be, though, because I'm in a small city that's between two major metropolitan cities. I'm sure those larger cities have the service. I wish things like this would become available in small cities like mine. We don't ever get any good stuff!

kgord

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:52 pm »
I have the free trial of prime right now. You are eligible for a free 30 day trial every year or so. I got free shipping on the new kindle I just bought. I will also try the free lending library and maybe one of the TV shows or movies and the kindle lending library. It might be worth it to some..but I don;t think I will keep it, It is 99 dollars..per year..I have other things to do with that money.

baldyhead

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 02:40 pm »
Amazon Prime's biggest benefit is the free shipping and some of the discounts that you can get from it.  The streaming isn't what I would consider the biggest sell but it is nice.  In my opinion it's deffinitly worth while and the Amazon Fire TV Stick is a great Kodi box.  Sideload Kodi on the stick and you'll end up with endless possibilities of entertainment at your fingertips.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 06:40 pm »
I thought about getting amazon prime, but not quite sure yet. Can anyone give me some suggestions? How about ChromeCast, Roku, or Sling TV? I'm really confused and would love if someone has some suggestions to which is better.

I really don't think it was worth it for the streaming service. Hulu and Netflix are superior services in every way. Roku isn't a streaming service. It is a device to allow you to use streaming services on your television.

PingPongCall

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 02:37 pm »
My wife and I love having Amazon Prime, n ot so much for the shows or movie streaming because they rarely have things to watch that are actually worth watching. That free two day shipping though. my god.

PingPongCall

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 02:43 pm »
If you are talking solely in terms of Video Streaming than no, stay away from Amazon Prime

rz3300

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 05:14 pm »
Well it certainly depends on the amount of stuff that you order from the site, but if that number is a lot that most likely it is worth it.  It is not too difficult to do the math and find out how much you could save, so I would say get out the old calculator and see if it would be worth the costs.  For me, the savings on shipping is usually enough to make up the difference in paying for the service.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.