Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Amazon Prime auto-renewal charges frustrate customers  (Read 4778 times)

NewsHound

• Platinum member

• Personal Text
    Automated news posting bot
Amazon Prime auto-renewal charges frustrate customers
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:43 pm »

Canadians interested in a free trial of Amazon Prime got more than they bargained for – $90 more, actually.

Source: Amazon Prime auto-renewal charges frustrate customers

joshua minaya

Re: Amazon Prime auto-renewal charges frustrate customers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 06:32 am »
Why should Amazon charge so much more extra money i feel that is rather unfair to the Canadians.

kittyworker

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07 am »
Wow $90 is pricely! You need to be very careful with free trials, especially when you give credit card details for subscriptions. I have had so many issues with cancelling credit card subscriptions, It took me multiple attempts over 4 months to cancel my Xbox Live subscription!

joshua minaya

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 08:09 am »

Canadians interested in a free trial of Amazon Prime got more than they bargained for – $90 more, actually.

Source: Amazon Prime auto-renewal charges frustrate customers

i don't think a forced renewal should be used by Amazon .Rather they should let consumers decide really on what they want rather than forcing them to.

kittyworker

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10 pm »
Most services like this are on auto-renewal. Amazon prime even sends out e-mails that let you know when your trial is going to expire so that you can cancel it beforehand if you want. It specifically says that you are going to be charged if you don't turn off the auto-renewal.

I have no problem with people getting charged for signing up to a service and then either forgetting to cancel or not paying attention to their emails.

Kamarsun1

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10 pm »
I have not used amazon for streaming movies yet but I heard the quality was good and they have Amazon exclusives as well. Maybe I will check them out but I'm not going to pay if the price is to high.

KNH

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 05:40 pm »
$90 is pretty pricey for it. I really don't like when companies auto-renew and charge serious money, but I understand they are legally allowed to and will of course do it for the money. I do, however, think it would be fair if the customer received at least three notifications beforehand. I know they send at least one, but reminders may be necessary to some people in case they want to cancel their subscription.

mikka254

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:32 am »
Wow, that's steep. I wonder why they decided to frustrate the customers. That is basically scaring away people from amazon prime.

dyanmarie25

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 03:08 am »
Well, that's a bit too much. I don't think I'll ever subscribe to them if the charge goes up even more again.

Niall95g

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:10 pm »
Some customers in the United Kingdom also got slapped with a large fee too. The renewal price rocketed without informing the customers. I was one of those affected and I will not use Amazon anymore.

westmixxin

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02 pm »
 It's interesting because I don't understand why they would do something like this that would instantly upset the customers. No one wants to use the Amazon service of his getting continuously charge that users over and over again. It's like they came out with a quick way to make a quick buck until people start to complain about it. They decided that they were  going to make probably about a good 30 million and then changed things.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 03:22 pm »
The auto renewal issues affect us in the USA as well. It is just frustrating. When I have to give my account number for a free trial it always gives me pause.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.