Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dreambox DM100s updating  (Read 4560 times)

shqiptar00

Dreambox DM100s updating
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:36 pm »
I was given a dm100s but only shows European satellites. I was wondering how to update the satellite list for North America (Galaxy 19/25) for old Telstar 5. I use an irdeto card for subscribed channels (Turkish from DFH) also.
Any help on a proper Loader and files would be appreciated as well as instructions as I have never done this before.
Thanx in advance

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
Re: Dreambox DM100s updating
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:54 pm »
Hello and welcome to the FTA Receiver Support forum here at SateliteHome!

The best way to update your satellite list for North American use is to generate a fresh satellites.xml file from http://www.satellites-xml.eu  This way, you are able to select only the satellites you are interested in receiving  such as Galaxy 19 which will include the latest transponder information.

Once generated, save the file to your local hard disk and install it on your Dreambox satellite receiver using software such as Dreamboxedit available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dreamboxedit
After the new list is transferred, rebooting your receiver should allow your new satellite list to take effect.

FYI, the DFH service for Turkish channels on 97W is one of the few services which don't put restrictions on the receiver you are using for their service.  In the past, I had some customers use AzBox and Openbox receivers with their subscribed Irdeto smartcard without any issues.

Good luck!
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

shqiptar00

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:15 am »
First off, thank you for your assistance in getting the satellite list on.
I did a scan of galaxy 19 but for some reason doesn't read the irdeto subscribed card for DFH. It shows Firecrypt card in SIM settings and shows okay with a mac address. I get all other FTA channels though.
Any ideas as to how I can get the card to read or is it impossible to do?
thanks again in advance.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:15 am »
You probably need to install either SCAM, CAMX or CCcam in order to enable the internal card reader of your Dreambox as the DM100 only has a card reader with no cam slot.
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.