Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Most Channels  (Read 3853 times)

6up

Most Channels
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:21 am »
Any FTA service provider offering most free to air channels? Please help.  I do sometimes don't have money for pay TV.

Emerald_Boar

Re: Most Channels
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:01 pm »
What are you looking for?

Real FTA is only like 30 or so channels.
Nothing to special.  But free.

Read ya l8r,
EB

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38 am »
By definition, there are no FTA service providers as the channels can be received by anyone with the right satellite system setup nor is FTA a direct substitute for pay TV.

However, FTA satellite does offer a fair amount of quality English and international channels as listed on our website at http://fta.channels.drsat.ca

On a motorized Ku band dish which requires a medium sized dish, you may receive over 90 English channels with about 300 overall.   C-band offers a lot more but requires a 1.8m or larger dish.

Any FTA service provider offering most free to air channels? Please help.  I do sometimes don't have money for pay TV.
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

baldyhead

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 12:47 pm »
I think you'd be better off looking at streaming television options.  There are loads of IPTV streams that are available including legitimate free streams and not so legitimate broadcasts of paid tv streams.

rz3300

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:36 pm »
I have heard from both sides of this one.  It really depends on where you are and what you can receive, and of course whether that is good enough for you and your entertainment needs.  I know personally it was just not enough for me, but then again I only got about 10 channels, whereas some people that I know got more like 20 and they got some better ones, so they were fine with it.  Just look into it before making any rash decisions.

Andorphin

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 01:12 pm »
Yeah as some others have said I'd look into it before making that decision. I think they should provide enough channels but if it's possible you could also inform them about the channels before proceeding to do that. But I think they should be able to at least get your channels classified in function of your interests and if not then trying it out to see what you get from them wouldn't be a bad idea either.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.