Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Missing Stations  (Read 2186 times)

LaurieNicol

Missing Stations
« on: October 03, 2014, 11:54 pm »
I spend a lot of time trying to tune in stations that I was reliably receiving but not longer can tune in. Aiming the dish, tweaking the frequency. TP searches, only to find I was all lined up all along when the stations reappear, or no matter what I do they never come back.
I really enjoy the PBS stations but it's been a while since I have been able to get OETA and lately the LPB stations have been missing too. At least Montana is coming in reliably these days.
Is there a thread that keeps track of what others are getting in reliably, or have lost signal for?
No wonder I'm thinking of trying to switch from my 90 cm dish to a 1.2 m dish.
I'm keeping my eye open for the new 1.2 meter dish coming to Dr.Sat

golf4fun

Re: Missing Stations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 09:24 am »
I have the same problem. The smaller dish is sometimes unable to pick up the weak transponders effectively. I use a universal LNB and a dedicated Liner PLL lnb might work better.

Next time i get to Oakville I might pick up this  http://www.drsat.ca/product_details.cfm?ID=699

LaurieNicol

Re: Missing Stations
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:35 am »
golf4fun
I've already tried the LNB, following the lead of "Jorjek". He and I have compared the Avenger PLL LNB to the GeoSat LNB. There is a thread on that somewhere.
laurie in Ladner , BC

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.