Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: MeTV now available in HD  (Read 2477 times)

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
MeTV now available in HD
« on: December 08, 2015, 04:22 pm »
Interestingly enough, MeTV which broadcasts classic TV programming starting from the 1950's up to the 1980's is now available in HD at 1080i resolution.  Apparently, the digital OTA sub-channel has become so popular that affiliates in certain cities are going to be airing it in HD.

It is on the same satellite as their existing SD feed, SES 1 @ 101W but on a different transponder as follows:

TP: 3726
Pol: V
FEC: 5/6
SR: 10000
Format: DVB-S QPSK

Only issue is that the signal is quite weak based on initial reports so people with a 7.5ft or smaller dish may not be able to receive it.

Picture is beautiful in HD as certain programming has been remastered in HD.   If anyone was able to tune in this new channel, please feel free to post your feedback on this thread.

Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

PrinceLH

Re: MeTV now available in HD
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 06:42 pm »
Great picture!  I wish that we had AntennaTV on here too!  If I could make one comment, they should move the METV bug a little further to the bottom right corner, because it's a little too close to the centre.  The signal is quite a bit weaker, but attainable on my 10 footer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:50 pm by PrinceLH »

rz3300

Re: MeTV now available in HD
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:27 pm »
Am I the only one that finds it kind of ironic that one of the only channels in HD is the one that shows classics from the 1950's.  I guess it would just stand to reason given my luck with television services, the one channel that I do not really like always comes in crystal clear with perfect sound, and everything else that I want to watch is garbage.  Oh well, at least some people out there are happy with what they are getting.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.