Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 1.2m Satellite Dish  (Read 13962 times)

LaurieNicol

1.2m Satellite Dish
« on: October 13, 2014, 05:20 pm »
The GeoSat pro 1.2m dish is not so readily available and shipping is expensive. Rumour has it, that the SatelliteHome sponsor (Dr. Sat) has a replacement 1.2m dish soon to be available. I, for one, am waiting to see what it will cost, and if it will be available to be shipped from Ontario to BC. Comparison to other dishes would be welcome.
Laurie in Ladner with a 90 cm dish on a pole and a DB8e on the roof.

Satfan3000

Re: 1.2m Satellite Dish
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30 pm »
Yes, me too. I hope it comes available before the snow flies because I have to get on a secondary roof to install it.

Would have been nice to have had this done back in the summer. I don't think there are much installations in the winter.

From what I've heard the Fortec Star is a cheaper quality. Others have done mods to the FS for stability. I don't want to go through the trouble.

Satfan3000

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:32 pm »
Dr. Sat,

What is the status on the 1.2m dish???????? When will it be in??????

Satellite_fta

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:21 am »
My satellite system is more like a summer project. But yes ... I would be happy to know there is a 1.2 m with a reasonable shipping. It will be on the next year list :)

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 06:41 pm »
Dr. Sat,

What is the status on the 1.2m dish???????? When will it be in??????

Still a few more changes to be made with the assembly instructions and packaging so we should be ready within the next few weeks, before the end of November for sure.
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

Satfan3000

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 10:30 pm »
Too bad, then it won't be until next year to install for me. Here in Toronto we are already going single digits temps this first week of November. By the end of November will we be below 0C and possible snow. I'll have to make due with the existing FS 90cm I have.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 10:32 am »
End of November is when we expect that both our 1m and 1.2m WaveFocus dishes are available for sale.  As there's slight hardware changes to be made on the 1m model, the 1.2m model will first be available by mid November shortly followed by the 1m model by the end of November.

Will post more information once we have more exact dates.

LaurieNicol

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 12:46 pm »
Thanks for keeping us up to date. I hope you can give us the good news  soon. Because I stuck my dish on a pole in the yard, I'm lucky enough here on the West Coast to be able to swap out the 39" dish even in winter, if I don't mind rain.
Have you figured out a shipping box? I know the Great Little Box company makes custom sized boxes.

laurie in Ladner BC

Satfan3000

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10 pm »
Any update on the launch of the new dish?

I understand the wind storm from a couple of weeks ago has kept you busy, but we are near the middle of December and it was suppose to be out the latest end of November.

It would be more for LaurieNicol. I won't be switching until the spring.

LaurieNicol

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 12:48 am »
I'm happy to wait til the dish is ready. I appreciate that you are taking the time to get it right.
I have the 39" dish and a DB8e antenna.

joshua minaya

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 12:18 pm »
My satellite system is more like a summer project. But yes ... I would be happy to know there is a 1.2 m with a reasonable shipping. It will be on the next year list :)

You are damn right i share the same feeling with you.

LaurieNicol

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:00 pm »
*** has a 1.2 m dish. It seems to be an American company but curiously, it ships from Toronto.
Here's the quote they gave me.

"We have 1.2m ku band solid dishes in stock and shipping. We can ship anywhere to Canada or USA.   If you wish to purchase, the price is $229 USD (includes shipping)."

Mod edit: We don't mind posts referring to products sold by competitors as long as they have good business ethics.  However, the competitor that you made reference to is a swindler who has a clear lack of morals and always does business anonymously so that he can run away at the first sign of trouble.

I STRONGLY suggest that you don't purchase anything from this vendor.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:24 pm by DrSat »

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39 am »
Any update on the launch of the new dish?

I understand the wind storm from a couple of weeks ago has kept you busy, but we are near the middle of December and it was suppose to be out the latest end of November.

It would be more for LaurieNicol. I won't be switching until the spring.

The 1.2m dish is progressing well but we are still working on getting an appropriate shipping box for it.  The first box sample we received was too flimsy to our liking and would not have been able to withstand the stress which would take place on it during shipping.  We will soon be receiving a sample of a more robust shipping box which hopefully will be more appropriate for this item.

Unfortunately nowadays, it's not sufficient to have FRAGILE written on the box in our experience as it can still get handled roughly depending how far its going and of course the mood of the courier employee handling it.  With an oversized item such as a one piece 1.2m dish, we simply can't afford to have damage occur during shipment.

Will keep you posted of our progress and we expect to have this product become available well in time before spring.

Jorgek

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 12:42 pm »
Is the new dish on display in your store?
FTA: Openbox S9, 33" dish on Stab 90 HH, Avenger PLL LNB.  Spare 33" with Avenger PLL LNB.  25" at 30W, GeoSatPro  PLL LNB.
OTA: CM4221 at 35 ft. HW-150 PVR.

LaurieNicol

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 01:29 pm »
Re: eBay supplier
Posting the information here about an alternate 1.2m dish, has generated the answer needed about the supplier and quality of the dish. I am happy to find out before I placed an order.
Thanks Dr Sat
Laurie in Ladner

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.