Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DISH and APPS  (Read 2872 times)

AnDaughtery

DISH and APPS
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:01 pm »
I have a daughter who loves Disney and Nick and we have the apps downloaded on our Ipad but unfortunately you aren't working with the nick app currently so we cant watch bubble guppies. :-[ There are a few others as well when do you think that will happen? Are you always trying to negotiate deals? How long do they usually take to process?

tiffaninichole

Re: DISH and APPS
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:35 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that these cable companies are always stuck in some negotiation with these channel providers. Before I switched to satellite, I had regular cable and the cable company wouldn't come to an agreement with Viacom. So in the end, we ended up losing MTV, BET, VH1, Spike TV, Country Music Network and about 10 other channels because of it. That was the last straw and what led me to switch.

kgord

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:47 pm »
Yes, this is one of the things that is always a problem when you are looking forward to stations they are in negotiation, and you may or may not be able to receive them all the time. However, sometimes the cable companies or satellite providers let you have free Cinemax or something like that so that you can get the things you need. I have never tried to use dish and apps before. I don;t know that it would work.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:11 pm »
Dish network has the almost singular record for having the worst history of disputes with content providers. Limited choice happens with them every year because they charge customers high prices while they low ball the networks to make a profit. You should seriously consider a different provider. There are more than a few to choose from now.

rz3300

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:19 pm »
I find it very frustrating when they throw the old "in negotiation" at you to make it sound like there is some issue other than money.  In the end it just ends up hurting the consumer, of course, which is unfortunate because these services seem fairly easy to run.  This is just one of the reasons why I have tried to simplify my television services, but the apps are a nice feature.

kgord

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 10:07 am »
I don't even know what my dish bill is right now...because my ex is paying it. I think I would not be happy to know what it is. IF I was paying for it...I am sure i would have changed providers. I just refuse to pay big bucks just to watch TV!

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.