Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DirecTv vs Dish Network  (Read 4651 times)

mairj23

DirecTv vs Dish Network
« on: April 18, 2015, 06:05 pm »
Hello, I've had both Dish Network and DirecTv at my house at one  point in time. I prefer DirecTv better because it's has a better layout of the channels and is easier to find what you're looking for. Which satellite provider do you prefer?

JohnBeaulieu

Re: DirecTv vs Dish Network
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:46 am »
I prefer DirecTV. I like the channel guide. I also like the selection better.

6up

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:11 am »
DirecTv have more channels,  more packages and great overall content. All these are not offered by dish network tv. That is why I also prefer DirecTv.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 05:54 pm »
DirecTV seems to have more channels. They are also more stable. They don't seem to engage in as much contract and price bickering as dish network does of channels and content. They both have issues with pricing changes, but dish seems to have more restrictions on dvr usage and programming blackouts.

InvalidArmadillo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 06:33 pm »
We used to have Dish Network but the price bickering JohnBeaulieu pointed out ultimately made us switch to DirectTV. They dropped AMC at the time when AMC had Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I couldn't watch 3 of the best and most notable TV shows because of this contract dispute. What exactly is the point of paying for TV again if I have to find pirate streams of the shows I want to watch most?

Direct TV also seemed more stable. It seemed like bad weather affected our Dish service a little bit more than DirectTV. We didn't have a lot of problems concerning weather with both, but Direct TV did win out a little.

I also agree with Direct TV having a more logically laid out program guide.

kgord

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:50 pm »
I like direct tv better. i have dish right now, but will probably switch back to Direct. I took advantage of a special promotion that dish had, but they want to jack up my rates now, so I think I am going to go back to Direct TV. The only problem is that I may move, and I don't want to keep them if I do, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

tiffaninichole

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 01:37 pm »
Definitely DirecTv. Better prices, a wider selection of choices, better customer service, more channels and basically everything that they do is better than Dish. LOL.

I also like that they recently merged with AT&T, which is my phone and internet provider. So now I can easily bundle everything and get better prices for services that I already had.

tlspiegel

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 07:10 pm »
DirecTV is what I have, and I have been extremely happy with their service. The channel guide is easy to navigate and from what I've heard and read, they provide more programming than Dish.  I also like the fact that every so often they will show the upper premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, etc., for several days for free every so often.  I won't pay for those channels, because they have too many repeat movies.  But, it's nice to view it once in a while. 

All my neighbors have DirecTV.  You NEVER see a truck coming by to do maintenance on a dish or hardware in a person's home.  That alone tells you their service is great.

jaredstephens6

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 05:33 pm »
I think dish is better! Dish doesn't raise your payment at all!

jaredstephens6

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 05:34 pm »
We haven't had any problems using dish and we have had it for years! We are happy with what we get out of it.  Just wish the DVR wasn't so laggy.

rz3300

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 08:25 pm »
Well I have certainly heard both sides of the argument on this one, but I can only weigh in on one side.  I had DirectTv for a little while a couple of years ago and I got so fed up that I could not deal with it anymore.  It went out so much that it was just not even worth the frustration.  It got to the point where I went to turn it on fully expecting it not to work, which is just a waste of money in my opinion.  Hopefully Dish Network is a little better.

Trevor Kohne

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 08:52 pm »
I have never had Dish Network as a cable provider but I have had DirecTV for about six years. I can say that I've enjoyed my time with DirecTV and have had minimal issues with its service.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.