Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Troubleshooting tips  (Read 34399 times)

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
Troubleshooting tips
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:14 pm »
How to do a factory reset?
When your receiver acts strangely, it may help to do a factory reset.  In order to do so, press MENU on your remote control, select System setup and then Factory reset. Once you confirm the operation, all user settings will be reset to defaults and the receiver will then reboot.

Some channels I am subscribed to show as unsubscribed
If you are missing channels that you are subscribed to, you may need to to resynchronize your programming.  You may do this either on the MyBell self-serve website or by calling Bell at 1-888-759-3474.

I am getting no signal on most of my standard definition channels or most of my high definition channels
This issue could be caused if you are not receiving adequate signal from both of Bell's 82 (HD & International channels) and 91 (SD channels) satellites.

In order to verify this, use your remote and press MENU, 6, 1, 1.  Here, you may monitor signal levels for both 82 and 91 satellite transponders.  In order to ensure reliable service, both 82 and 91 satellites should have a signal level of 75% or higher

A large difference in signal levels between 82 or 91 would indicate an alignment or potential signal obstruction issue.  However, if one of the two satellites have no signal level at all, you may have an issue with your SW-21 switch or the LNBF itself.  In order to confirm this, select the Check Switch option on this screen and then Test in order to verify that your switch is functioning properly.

I am getting Error 015: Please standby for the satellite signal
This message means that your satellite receiver is not receiving signal from your dish outside.  You should first try to resolve this issue by doing a soft reset of your receiver by holding down the power button for 5 seconds which will reboot the receiver.  If this does not resolve the issue then you should verify that the satellite coaxial cables in the back of your receiver are securely fastened.  This error may also appear temporarily during inclement weather conditions either in your area or at Bell's uplink center in Scarborough, ON

If you tried all of the above without success then the issue most likely lies outside at your dish and you may need to contact a satellite technician in order to verify your satellite dish's alignment and coaxial cable connections.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:07 pm by DrSat »
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

joshua minaya

Re: Troubleshooting tips
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:08 pm »
Thanks for this useful piece of information it would certainly come in handy in the future.

unrealjoe

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 08:55 pm »
if you are missing channels that you are subscribed to, you may need to to resynchronize your programming.  You may do this either on the bell website

Lizel

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41 pm »
Thanks for this useful information it will definitely solve some of the questions of people who are in doubt.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.