Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Which do you use the most?  (Read 5845 times)

jaredstephens6

Which do you use the most?
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:40 pm »
Which one do you use the most?

I use FM the most, but rarely I use AM for baseball talk.

What about you?

tlspiegel

Re: Which do you use the most?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:35 pm »
A long time ago, I enjoyed listening to AM Talk Radio on a specific station, but it became too political so I stopped.  I also used to listen to Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM radio show at night, but when he 'retired' and George Norry took over, I quit.  I also used to listen to FM radio a lot for music.  But, I got so tired of all the commercials, that I invested in a Grace Digital Internet Radio, installed a paid version of Pandora, and love it.  The small price a month for Pandora without commercials is worth it's weight in gold.  I have several genre's I listen to, but mostly enjoy a channel I set up that has J.J. Cale's music and similar musicians.

PrinceLH

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 09:19 am »
Right now, I'm listening to more AM radio, then FM, but it's changeable.  Why AM right now?  With all of the bad stuff happening in the world, I listen to allot of news, especially from the U.S. side of the border.  America is about to go through a fundamental change and people have yet to notice, north of the border.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47 pm »
I follow the content. I don't really use radio for music so FM quality improvements don't mean much for me.

kgord

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 05:33 pm »
I listen to FM 99 percent of the time. The only time I might listen to AM is if I am on a trip and want to hear some news and information, or information about local weather channels. To me, that is really the only reason to listen to an AM station. Music channels dominate FM frequencies and that is fine with me.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 02:49 am »
I forgot to add that if I want music I usually turn to streaming or digital media. I don't generally use the radio for music. If I were interested in music on the radio rather than news or discussion I would prefer FM.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 06:23 pm »
I forgot to add that if I want music I usually turn to streaming or digital media. I don't generally use the radio for music. If I were interested in music on the radio rather than news or discussion I would prefer FM.

Another reason for you to consider AM on a trip, especially when driving is the range. You will be able to tune into a given station for a much longer distance and period of travel.

TheInventionOfFlying

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 11:43 am »
The only time I listen to AM is during my breakfast in the morning. I don't have time to read the newspaper so I get my news from the radio every other time though I listen to FM music especially on the way to work in my car. You've got to start the day right with some good music because it prevents road rages and all that-- the only downside to listening to the radio though is all the ads so as much as possible I listen to my Spotify.

PingPongCall

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47 pm »
Strictly AM and almost exclusively for the local sports teams.

JohnBeaulieu

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 11:36 pm »
Strictly AM and almost exclusively for the local sports teams.

So do you only use radio for sports? What made you choose radio as the format?

rz3300

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 10:37 am »
As I have gotten older I have slowly turned into an AM guy, and I have to say that I love it.  I mostly listen to sports talk radio, and I have my favorite shows throughout the day so I can just tune in to those as I wish which is great when I am in the car.  I am not sure why, but something about talk radio just makes driving more enjoyable to me than listening to music.  The quality really seems a lot better too.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.