Television sources > Over The Air (OTA) television

Reception in the Vancouver Area

(1/2) > >>

LaurieNicol:
Is there maintenance going on on Mt Seymour? I have a "No Service"  message from both CKVU (10) and CHNM (42). That's annoying because without a lock my TV doesn't want to let me change channels.

Additionally, CHAN 8 has been dropping in and out for the last couple of weeks ( 85% to 0 and pixelating). Is that just weird tropo or have they made changes with that transmitter, too.

laurie in Ladner with a DB8e on the roof with a rotator.
(and a KU dish on a pole in the back yard)

Jorgek:
Don't know about MT Seymour but broadcasters typically carry out maintenance after midnight to cause as little service disruption as possible.

Check your aim and also all connections.  Is there an pre-amp or amp in line? 

LaurieNicol:
It' came back, after a few hours.
I have a rotator so aim is one of the first things I check.
The "No Service" message and not "No Signal" is a nuisance because until I get a lock, it won't change channels. It also made me suspect that there was a signal but it held no information or something was missing in the code.

Like I said, it returned after a few hours, so I was wondering if it was bad tropo or if there was an outage at the transmitter.

laurie in Ladner with a roof mounter DB8e on a rotator

joshua minaya:

--- Quote from: Jorgek on September 02, 2014, 10:51 am ---Don't know about MT Seymour but broadcasters typically carry out maintenance after midnight to cause as little service disruption as possible.

Check your aim and also all connections.  Is there an pre-amp or amp in line?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this useful piece of information i wonder if he was able to resolve his problem. I have had a similar problem in the past.

LaurieNicol:
Yeah it resolved itself after a couple of days. I guess it happens often enough that people pay no attention. But it is annoying to wonder if it's me or them. It's been pretty good lately. Still I have no intention of going back to cable.
If only I could get rid of the internet cause the price of that is going up by leaps and bounds.
(I did see one guy standing next to the library window with his laptop after hours)

laurie in Ladner with a DB8e on the roof and a 90cm dish in the back yard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version