Television sources > DirecTV

Rain Fade

(1/3) > >>

JohnBeaulieu:
Have you ever experienced rain fade? I live in the pacific northwest part of the USA. We get plenty of rain but I have never noticed this happening. I see cable commercials claiming its a big enough problem to switch and have seen people post about it being a problem on other forums.

JohnBeaulieu:
I'm hoping somebody has some answers to this. My searches online haven't turned up much for me. Is this something that doesn't happen much anymore? Am I just lucky?

shanetx1969:
I live in east Texas and it rains a pretty good amount. And every time either moderate or heavy rain gets within half a mile from my house, we experience either fade or total loss of signal. I tell people all the time that I don't need to look at a weather radar. All that has to happen is for the rain to get close enough. This is my biggest complaint in regards to satellite television. You would think technology had advanced enough through the years to come up with a solution.

6up:
The problem persists when it rains heavily. But the problem is not common where I live. I see no problems when it is not raining heavily.

JohnBeaulieu:
Weird. It rains all the time here. I haven't ever had any noticeable problem. Snow wasn't an issue either. I guess I have just been lucky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version