Dr. Sat discussion forum

Television sources => Free to Air (FTA) Satelilte Television => FTA Receiver Support => Topic started by: migold on February 20, 2015, 01:18 am

Title: UpGrade Failed
Post by: migold on February 20, 2015, 01:18 am

My upgrade was not successful. I was at firmware 1.86, so I followed the instruction to upgrade to 1.87 release. This seemed to go smoothly. The unit rebooted and came back up promptly, with indication that it completed successfully. I then proceeded to the upgrade to 2.03 kfl. The process seemed to go smoothly until flashing the firmware, then the TV set got a loud ROAR, and the progress bar looked like it erased the firmware, flashed the firmware and then did it again. I did not get a completed indication, as I did with the 1.87 upgrade. The screen went blank and the set indicated no signal. The unit did not reboot, so I followed the instruction to hold down the power button for 5 seconds. After holding it, the blue light flashed and I released the button. After waiting over 1 minute, no results were apparent on the TV screen. I have tried to reboot, with NO success. What do I need to do now to get function?

Migold -
Title: Re: [AzBox] UpGrade Failed
Post by: DrSat on February 24, 2015, 10:12 am
I assume this is the AzBox miniMe American Edition you are talking about so I went ahead and added the correct tag to your title.

To me, it seems that the initial 1.87 firmware version upgrade never fully completed which would have most likely caused the subsequent 2.03 upgrade to fail.

As I see that you posted the same topic in the AzBox Americas support forum (http://forum.azboxamericas.com), I will let them continue helping you out.