Dr. Sat discussion forum

Television sources => Free to Air (FTA) Satelilte Television => FTA Receiver Support => Topic started by: NDennis on March 19, 2015, 03:03 pm

Title: AZbox LNB Help Please
Post by: NDennis on March 19, 2015, 03:03 pm
My first post here and I'm getting old (now 71) so please be patient with me. I'm not as good a student I as I use to be.

I have a 10' satellite dish that I installed around 1996. It has two lnb's, a C and Ku band installed when the dish was new.

I bought all this for a 4DTV which I'm sure is dead by now because it has not been plugged in in over three years (battery is dead).

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought an AZbox Premium HD receiver and have managed to get it kind of working with the old system. I controlled the dish with the 4DTV until it died. The AZbox has been stuck on Galaxy 19 Ku/Vertical for the last three years and receives some channels.

I recently bought a VBox 7 DiSEqC Positioner and hooked it up to the AZbox and I can move the dish manually buy pressing the buttons. I have not yet figured out how to move it with the AZbox.

I want to replace the old lnb's with a good universal C and Ku band lnb (is this the best?) but have no idea what or where to buy it, or what I need to modify on the dish to accept it?

Thanks for any help,

Dennis

Picture of the dish on new Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132083104@N08/? (https://www.flickr.com/photos/132083104@N08/?)

To do list: Install new actuator and weld a counter balance weight to keep the actuators from wearing out every few years.

Title: Re: AZbox LNB Help Please
Post by: DrSat on March 28, 2015, 03:23 pm
Hello and welcome to SatelliteHome! You can configure your AzBox receiver to automatically recall saved positions on your VBox by programming each satellite with a motor type of DiSEqC 1.2.

In order to avoid overwriting your saved positions, please use the following procedure:

1. Move your dish to the desired satellite starting from one end of the arc by typing it's two digit position number and pressing ENTER on your V-Box remote control.

2. Go to antenna setup on your AzBox and select the same satellite that you are currently aimed at.

3. Change the motor type in antenna setup to DiSEqC 1.2 then select the same position number as what you have assigned on your V-Box for that satellite then save that position on your AzBox.

4. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 for all other satellites.

Once all satellites are done, your V-Box will automatically move to the correct position when a channel on a different satellite is selected.