Dr. Sat discussion forum

Television sources => Free to Air (FTA) Satelilte Television => Topic started by: Emerald_Boar on September 07, 2014, 06:20 pm

Title: encryted channels on commerical satellite dishes?
Post by: Emerald_Boar on September 07, 2014, 06:20 pm
Are there any "free" channels on any commerical satellites services.

Read ya l8r,
EB
Title: Re: encryted channels on commerical satellite dishes?
Post by: DrSat on September 16, 2014, 09:40 pm
You mean channels which are normally encrypted but are temporarily not scrambled?  Yes, these are referred to as Fail To Encrypt (FTE) channels and we maintain a current list inside our wild feeds forum at http://www.satellitehome.ca/fta-wild-feeds/current-fail-to-encrypt-(fte)-channels-list/  This is to avoid having information on these channels indexed by the search engines as only logged in members may view posts inside the Wild Feeds forum.
Post by: Emerald_Boar on September 16, 2014, 10:28 pm
Actually,  I was hoping for Home channel to be unencryted.  You know the channel where it has 6 smaller channels.  With a good ZOOM function.  The home channel may be watchable.
Post by: Cham on September 28, 2014, 12:04 pm
Think Bell had that but was likely not FTA. We had to drop our Bell sub, our receiver died last month and they wouldn't replace/repair it even though it should be warranty, or allow us to buy a new one. Strange people there...
Post by: DrSat on September 28, 2014, 01:15 pm
Actually,  I was hoping for Home channel to be unencryted.  You know the channel where it has 6 smaller channels.  With a good ZOOM function.  The home channel may be watchable.
If you know Spanish, another channel of that type is Televisa Mosaic on Eutelsat 115W @ 114.9° W    
12041 V 1562 DVB-S QPSK.  4 channels are being shown including Televisa Deportes which shows many soccer matches.  Audio for each channel is selectable using a combination of two stereo audio pids.
Post by: Cham on September 28, 2014, 03:30 pm
Didn't jog my mind earlier, but there is one on 118 or 119 if my memory serves me correctly...