Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Has anyone been using an alternative to Pandora here in Canada?  (Read 6532 times)

smlebbie@gmail.com

Hello all, I use the free version of Pandora in my car for streaming music. Their business model makes sense since the commercials are getting to be a bit too much. Before I go ahead and sign up for the subscription, I was wondering if anyone was using an alternative? I know, Spotify will be coming soon, but anyone using anything else? What's good out there?

fire421

Re: Has anyone been using an alternative to Pandora here in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:56 am »
I live in the US so I don't know if this exists in Canada but you could try Tunein.  It lets you choose your genre and gives you a list of all the radio stations in the world that play similar music.  I've been able to discover many great artists from this app.

joshua minaya

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:59 am »
I live in the US so I don't know if this exists in Canada but you could try Tunein.  It lets you choose your genre and gives you a list of all the radio stations in the world that play similar music.  I've been able to discover many great artists from this app.

I never knew Tunein was that good but thanks anyway for sharing.

Johnderman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 11:43 pm »
Another plug for TuneIn, try it, I think it's better than Pandora, really. Check out Rdio and Jango too, Rdio is pretty sweet with a lot of great features too.

mairj23

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:22 pm »
Yes, I have a friend in Toronto whom uses Rhapsody music service. It's a free service with all of the great music you want and need. I think Spotify might be available as well, but you'll need to research it first. Good luck!

mairj23

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 06:07 pm »
There are plenty of alternative services similar to Pandora. I live in the U.S. and prefer Spotify. Also I tend to use the free versions as they do the same thing and get plenty of service the same way. IHeartRadio, Slacker, and YouTube are great alternatives for music.

JohnBeaulieu

I'll take Tunein over Pandora any day. That is just me though.

Doc Moose

I love Pandora and I miss it a lot. Some years ago when it was still streaming worldwide, it's the only station I listened to. I felt so very bad when licensing constraints was approved by US Congress and I can't listened to it anymore.

JohnBeaulieu

It is a lot more complicated than USA licensing constraints. There are licensing laws to consider in each country a service is made available in. It can get very expensive for a company to stream content internationally.

6up

Try TuneIn. It has car mode which I find to be unique. You can still use when travelling anywhere around the world. It has simple search and you can search for any local station anywhere you find yourself to be.

superbobby

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 08:03 am »
Spotify is simply the best out there. Have you downloaded it already?

markhascole

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 04:33 am »
i am using saavn music.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.