Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: BVN new Transponder, Satmex6 KU W 113, new transponder frequency 12089, SR 11718  (Read 7680 times)

pctest

PID V 322/A 323/P 322, FEC 3/4, SID 27, modulation DVB-S(QPSK), Resolution 480i.

sparkycivic

This man speaks the truth. 
Polarity is still horizontal.
Other channels still inside the transponder are G&E TV, MAC TV, HWAZAN, among a few others.  There seem to be no P$ channels in the transponder any more.
There was no warning from BVN as far as I know, now I have to update all the people whom I assist with receiving it. grrr..

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
Is it just me or has the previous transponder 12080 H 25635 already been taken down?  I get no signal on it but can receive the new 12089 transponder frequency just fine.
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

Just found the following statement off the BVN website so it is official:

Change of frequency for BVN viewers in the USA, Canada, Central and South America

This information is destined for BVN viewers and VRT Radio 1 listeners living in the USA, Canada, Central and South America.

Since January 2, 2015  the frequency and symbol rate of BVN via the Eutelsat 113 West A satellite (formerly known as SatMex 6) has been changed. All other parameters like polarization, FEC etc., as well as the satellite remain the same.

Most direct to home receivers and professional IRD's from cable companies have lost the signal of BVN because of this. To solve this problem here are some steps to receive BVN again.

Technical reception data:
New Frequency:                           12089 MHz (or 12.089 GHz)
New Symbol Rate:                       11.719 Msps
FEC (unchanged):                        3/4
Polarization (unchanged):            Horizontal
Satellite (unchanged):                 Eutelsat 113 West A (formerly known as SatMex 6)
Orbital position (unchanged):       113 degrees West

Instructions
Make sure your receiver is put on automatic reception and with "network search ON"
Power down your receiver for a minute and start it up again by unplugging the mains and/or the switch on the back side. If you still cannot receive BVN after this make an automatic search again, normally BVN should be found again.
Another way is to change the current technical parameters of the transponder and do a new manual scan of the new transponder. You can also consult your receiver's manual.

If you don’t receive BVN anymore via a cable company or a common system, you will need to inform the cable company and/or the administrator of this change.BVN does not have complete information as to which cable companies or common buildings take over and further distribute the BVN signal.BVN will, however, notify all the parties known to it of the change.

If you need help adjusting your receiver please seek assistance from a local satellite installer or contact Home2US. This company, located in the east of the USA, has a helpdesk and a network of installers. The helpdesk is available on workdays from 9.00 a.m. ET - 5.00 p.m. ET on telephone number1-888-312-2182. If the helpdesk is closed, you can leave a message.

You can also send a message to customercare@home2us.com or using the contact form: http://home2us.com/b2c/contact
Unfortunately, the satellite operator did not inform us about this change of reception. Therefore, we couldn’t inform the BVN viewers in good time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Surprised that this change was unannounced and took place right after the holidays.  My guess is that the Latin American DTH Chinese service that was running off the same transponder got discontinued.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

Updated our channels database at http://fta.channels.drsat.ca/ with the above new transponder parameters.

Jorgek

That's my one and only sat whose LOS is blocked by my neighbours evergreen tree.
FTA: Openbox S9, 33" dish on Stab 90 HH, Avenger PLL LNB.  Spare 33" with Avenger PLL LNB.  25" at 30W, GeoSatPro  PLL LNB.
OTA: CM4221 at 35 ft. HW-150 PVR.

joshua minaya

Is it just me or has the previous transponder 12080 H 25635 already been taken down?  I get no signal on it but can receive the new 12089 transponder frequency just fine.

Is there anyone else having the same problem.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

Is there anyone else having the same problem.
Everyone is as there was no transition period with dual illumination of both transponders when the switch took place or any prior announcement.

sparkycivic

The new signal would overlap with the old signal, so they could never be there both at the same time. 
It looks like all the encrypted channels were dropped by the uplink provider, or perhaps the uplink provider has changed completely.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

The new TP is on frequency 12089 instead of 12080 so although it's pretty close, they would have technically been able to dual illuminate.

My guess is that Atlanta DTH, the uplinker of this transponder, wanted to cut their losses as much as possible.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.