Forum

Welcome Guest.
Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Luken's Retro TV returns to Ku band  (Read 8730 times)

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

• Dr. Sat - The Satellite Doctor
Luken's Retro TV returns to Ku band
« on: November 05, 2014, 07:42 pm »
Good news everyone, Retro TV which was previously available on AMC 9 along with a new channel called Rev'n TV is now available on Galaxy 19 Ku-band and can be tuned using the following transponder coordinates:

Frequency: 12115
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol rate: 22425
Modulation: DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0 SD

Channels scan in as RTVE for Retro TV and REVN for Rev'n. 

According to http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/nov/04/luken-expands-tv-networks-new-markets-revn-channel, Rev'n only launches on December 1st so the channel is currently airing programming from the Heartland TV network in the meantime.
Dr. Sat - Proud sponsor of the FTA satellite forum
Dr. Sat - Fier commanditaire du forum FTA

aadomingues

Re: Luken's Retro TV returns to Ku band
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:07 pm »
I tried scanning using the parameters but could not get it. I am using a legacy Viewsat VS2000 on 97W. Will I need to upgrade my receiver for this channel?

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13 pm »
Yes, I believe these channels are MPEG4 H.264 so unfortunately, you won't get any video on these channels using your legacy Viewsat receiver.  However, audio should still work as they use MPEG2 which your receiver supports.

Jorgek

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:26 pm »
Wouldn't it be awesome if there was an EPG on 97W.  So many great channels to view.
FTA: Openbox S9, 33" dish on Stab 90 HH, Avenger PLL LNB.  Spare 33" with Avenger PLL LNB.  25" at 30W, GeoSatPro  PLL LNB.
OTA: CM4221 at 35 ft. HW-150 PVR.

Emerald_Boar

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 06:34 pm »
Rev N tv is WPSD (6.2). Country Music Channel with lots of Country music videos.  I do enjoy some country artist.

Who would figure Shania Twain was country.

RTV is on 12115? really?
Now i need to check every channel thats on 12115 V.  Cause I do not have it yet >:

golf4fun

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34 am »
All I get today on REVN is the logo. They must be ready to switch to the other program and drop Heartland.

Hope Heartland shows up on another channel as I prefer that to the auto channel that REVN will become.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 08:32 am »
Hope Heartland shows up on another channel as I prefer that to the auto channel that REVN will become.

FYI Heartland is already on another channel at SES 2 but C-band rather than Ku. With the signal strength on their transponder recently improved, people are now able to receive it with C-Band dishes as small as 6 ft.

When it launched, the channel was actually called The Nashville Network (TNN) as per the classic TV channel. However, as Luken was not paying the TNN trademark owner the agreed upon amount, he was forced to stop using it and renamed the channel to Heartland.

DrSat

• Global Moderator

• Corporate supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 12:23 pm »
For those of you who want a sneak peek of the new Rev'N channel coming December 1st, I found the following promotional video that they posted on the web.  Looks like a pretty cool channel for car enthusiasts and a welcome addition to Ku-band!

[embed=500,349]<object width="500" height="281"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=110540591&amp;force_embed=1&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=1&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=110540591&amp;force_embed=1&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=1&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="281"></embed></object>[/embed]

westmixxin

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 05:43 pm »
 I felt like I should upgrade my TV a long time ago but realistically I feel I did upgrade my satellite immediately because I'm not getting some of the channels that I've heard about on here.

PrinceLH

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 01:08 pm »
I should do a repoint and see if I can get this.

We serve Oakville | Burlington | Milton | Mississauga | Hamilton | Georgetown | Acton | Halton | Toronto
Copyright © 2015 Dr.Sat - The Satellite Doctor. All rights reserved.